The Broadland View Care Home Activities Coordinator is on duty every day to work with our residents. They create activity programmes which reflect resident’s individual interests, hobbies and needs. We have found that our residents really enjoy getting involved and we will encourage residents to have a go but we always respect their right to choose whether or not they wish to join in on any activity.
We live in a diverse society and our staff ensure that all cultural, religious and emotional needs are respected, accepted and where necessary, accommodated at all times.
Some of the more general activities include:
- Arts and crafts
- Concerts and music
- Church services
- Gentle walks to the shops or to the river
- Visiting entertainers
- One-to-one and group reminiscence sessions
- ‘Old time’ sing-along sessions
- Movement to music and light exercise
- Summer garden fêtes and parties
- Trips out to local amenities, such as the supermarket or café
- Secure, beautiful gardens to enjoy
- A greenhouse where the residents can grow their own fruit and vegetables
- Manicures and beauty treatments in our Health and Beauty room
- Games and quizzes
- Cream teas and dance days
- And lots more!